Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How Long's It Been -- Gas Prices



















I was browsing some fotos on my computer this morning and ran across this one from 2004 showing gasoline prices. Given the recent crazy roller coaster ride that gasoline prices have been on I thot I would post it for you.

It was taken from our van by my grandson on July 5, 2004, our first day of a week-long road trip to visit the Charlotte Motor Speedway and some NASCAR shops in North Carolina; and to visit with some friends and relatives in Pinehurst, North Carolina and Danville, VA. We were traveling down the eastern shore of Maryland/Virginia on US Rt 13. This foto was taken on the Virginia side of the border north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

I had asked him to take some fotos of gasoline prices because of recent increases at the time. I thot it would be neat to chronicle prices in different states that we visited. Turns out the fotos didn't show much for us as prices were pretty close in all jurisdictions; but we can use this foto for contrast with recent US gasoline price variations it shows what prices were like almost 4.5 years ago.

JD

PS - You can also see the prices for cigarettes at the time. Click the foto for a larger image.

No comments: