Saturday, January 17, 2009

Big Town of Savage Needs Warmup


One of the beautiful things about life here in central Maryland is the general lack of weather extremes. Things tend to trend toward normal. I know, I know, that's what normal means, right...similar from day to day, little variation and without extremes. Personally, I like it that way. Old folks typically don't like a lot of change.

I just looked at the weather bug website that collects data from a local school about 3/4 mile up the road from my house and it shows 1.2 degrees. My own thermometer shows about 7 degrees, but of course it's located within inches of the house structure.

Forecast high for today is in mid-20s, which is a bit warmer than yesterday and tonite's low is forecast to be similar. So I'll go with the idea that the low in the 20s tonite and high in the 30s Sunday will definitely be a warmup.

As a side note, the Obama Coronation will take place about 20 miles down the road from the BToS and forecast temps for Tuesday are for the low 30s, which are much more typical/normal for this beautiful area of the country and should pose no real hardship for The Big Guy; henceforth known as "The Big O"; not to be confused with ex Baltimore gal, "O".

JD

No comments: