Thursday, February 12, 2009

Krispy Kreme -- 200 calories


That's right. Each original Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut has only 200 calories. As you can probably tell, the tab of this Krispy Kreme box on my kitchen table is pretty worn. That's because that rascal was worked pretty hard and the box is EMPTY.

Yours truly managed to down 1600 of those calories all by his lonesome. My son-in-law had 400 calories and my neighbor had 400 calories. That pretty much took care of the contents of that 2400-calorie box. Here are some original Krispy Kremes in similar box.

You ask, "Why are you wasting my time with such trivia?" Simple, son-in-law and I went to dinner the other night at the local Ledo's in Columbia. Being the designated driver and excellent host that I am, after dinner I suggested it might be fun to ride around the Dobbin Road loop to the Krispy Kreme store and get a few doughnuts.

Well, after I sprung for a dozen originals (hot from the cooker), son-in-law went for a dozen mixed variety to take home to his family. I got off $1.00 cheaper than he did. I can definitely go cheap at times, especially when it's for something I really luv!

So there you have it, I was just being nice to my son-in-law and my neighbor. Ain't life wunnerful!

JD

PS - No, I did not eat all 1600 calories in one day...it took at least 3 days...well, it seemed like 3 days!

1 comment:

SavageMdUSA said...

I get my d-nuts at work. I have a 2 d-nut day, most of the time. Never took time to count the "C's". That would take all the enjoyment out of those tasty treats.