Monday, May 04, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays


I am tired of RAIN. All thru late winter, weather reporters shouted incessantly about our 'rainfall deficit'. No more! The deficit has been drowned...not to mention a few people in local rivers.

Rain is wearing out the rain gauge, if it's possible to wear out a test tube looking gizmo in a cute holder. With the more direct angle of the sun and all the water in the ground, plants are going crazy. Any day we get some drying and sun, it's time to mow again. This is getting old; quick!

Since retiring, I kind of look forward to Mondays. Most of the folks around here go back to work on Monday morning, leaving the roads pretty free for old farts like myself to go out and do some running around and shopping. Hell, even the Shoppers Food Warehouse grocery isn't busy in the morning. Gotta luv it. Weekends are useless for that kind of stuff with people everywhere tying up traffic and filling up stores!

I know, I know, you're probably working and just reading this to waste some time and are probably either irritated about me enjoying Mondays and you don't enjoy 'em (most folks don't really like their jobs anyway, now do they), or like my PenPalGal Susan you're looking forward to retirement yourself and to having some regular, week-day 'down time'.

It's supposed to rain all day today, so I won't be mowing. However I do need to get a shower and run a few errands and then go to an OFL (Old Farts Lunch) over at Jim's Hideaway in Odenton.

Ignore the rainy day and Monday. Do good stuff; have some fun,
JD

PS - 6:05 PM Monday, May 4. Good lunch with the Old Farts today. As you may already know, most old farts, from personal experience, are basically conservative fiscally, this group is no exception. The mention of the new President Obama's name was enough to elicit some very negative fiscal comments regarding his actions and proposals to date. It actually began to wear me out, so I directed the conversation back to 'geekdom' stuff. We were all computer and software folks when we actually worked for a living, so geek-type stuff comes naturally. :-)

No comments: