Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Holes in The Floor of Heaven - Steve Wariner

My momma died when I was 26 years old and she was only 52. I still miss her to this day. I bought a Steve Wariner CD "Burnin' The Roadhouse Down" maybe 10 years or so ago. I don't remember why I bought it, but it was likely for the title song which I'd heard and liked very much.

After listening to the CD several times, the song "Holes in The Floor of Heaven" really touched my feelings. I was a momma's boy and grew up with her in the local Baptist Church in the Big Town of Savage with Rev Neimiller, which was probably her second home. The more I heard that song, the more I felt sure that the expressed sentiments were definitely true.

She died 43 years ago and although I'm not a religious person today, I do still have sincere feelings for the thought that my mom is still looking down on me from time to time through the "Holes in The Floor of Heaven."

Hopefully, this video will enhance the Steve Wariner song and maybe you will appreciate my sentimental attachment.

JD

1 comment:

Elita said...

I love the name of the song Holes in Floor of Heaven. What a thought. I always know my mom dead now 26 yrs is still watching over me. I tell her to when I am in a dfficult situation and hope she will take care of me.

Elita Sohmer Clayman