Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Beater GMC Safari Goes Binary

I was heading to Costco the other day and the ol' beater van went binary on me. I looked down at the odometer and it read '101101'; first thing I thot of was binary encoding. To an old fart like me that learned to program computers back in the late 50s; it looked just right.

The '03 GMC Safari has AWD and I plan to keep 'er around till the spring thaw comes, then I'll probably sell it to someone who needs some basic, box hauling capability. It got me thru last winter's 36" snow here in the BToS with no problems; of course I stayed on plowed roads and didn't head for the boonies. She was great.

It had no problem bringing the new Toro mower home when I bought it at Home Depot last month. Nope it's just a handy little box that gets decent mileage and goes thru the snow and; she has an 'old fart' attitude spurred by going binary.

JD

No comments: