Thursday, January 31, 2013

Costco Gas Purchase - Windy Day

This Google street image of the Costco gas pumps at Arundel Mills Costco here in central Maryland shows folks waiting in line, making their purchase and driving off.

Typically I fill the tank before I put one of my trucks in the garage for its week of vacation.  This morning I looked at the fuel gauge after backing the Toy Truck from the garage and noticed I hadn't filled it last time.  Even though it still had probably another 150 miles range, it was a fairly quiet morning and I had the idyllic scene above in my mind so why not get gas.

I made a stop for some grocery items before heading to Costco for gas and when I opened the door on the Toy Truck, it was almost blown out of my hand.  After returning to the truck with groceries, it dawned on me that the parking lot at Costco is kind of windy, even on a day with light breezes every place else and that the wind today would be horrible there.

Common sense got the better of me and I headed back home without getting the gas.  I'll ride up there early Sunday morning since they open the gas pumps at 6 in the morning, there won't be many folks there...hopefully the wind will be just a breeze instead of those insane gusts we've had this morning.

JD, down on 1/4 tank here in the BToS waitin' for Sunday...

PS - Looks like I should have weathered the high winds anyway.  Gas went up about $.12 since and who know how much more by Sunday morning.  What's that old adage about 'hindsight'...

No comments: