Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Late January and No Snow

The Big Town of Savage is over 3 weeks into January and to date there has been no measurable snowfall.  The last significant snow we had here was back in February 2010.  That was right after my last grandchild was born and he's having his 3rd birthday this weekend. 

A very cold mass of air moved in this week, so if the wandering low pressure areas line up we may get some snow later this week. I just want you to know that I am NOT complaining.  Snow is pretty, for about an hour.  Then it becomes a nuisance unless you're a person with no schedule to keep or a kid with school closed.

I've gotten to the point where snow for me is another 20 images on the digital camera and a round with the snow blower.  In preparation for snow I actually tried out the ol' snow blower back in early November.  I didn't want the snow to sneak up on me and not be ready for it.  The thing started on the second pull and ran very well.  I attribute that success to the gas treatment stuff I discovered a few years back.

That November snowblower test was over 2 months ago, back before Thanksgiving.  Maybe I should give it another test today just in case.  Who am I kidding, when I got up this morning the thermometer read 10 degrees with projected high temp around 25 or so.  I don't think I'll be testing the ol' blower today.

I'm off to see if a hot shower will warm me a bit before heading out in the chill for my morning errands.

JD, trying to warm up a bit here in the BToS

PS - The ol' hot shower was GOOD...

No comments: