Thursday, December 04, 2008

Southern BBQ -- It Ain't A Cookout -- It's MEAT

I made a pot of pulled pork BBQ this week from a pork shoulder that I cooked slowly out on the Weber. Also made a batch of coleslaw; I don't make the best slaw, but it works for me. I take a bit of the slaw and plop it on top of the BBQ on that burger bun, then sprinkle it with a few drops of Tabasco. Made for a great lunch yesterday. I might have another today.

JD

PS - I ran out of burger buns yesterday, so I put that great pork BBQ in a hot dog roll. Then I topped it with coleslaw and a few drops of Tabasco hot sauce.
I was actually able to get more BBQ inside the hot dog roll. That was some good eatin' and that one sammich filled me up better than two BBQ burger buns. Life's that way ain't it, you never know about things until you try 'em.

1 comment:

Susan Spencer said...

I watched it again myself!