Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Is today the Day???


This is a shot of my front door this morning. As you can tell tell from this I seldom rush into anything. I may be the worst/best procrastinator you ever discovered. My daughter was very kind when she bought this wreath for my front door. I just hate to take it down while it's still in such good condition...no needles falling yet, bow's still intact. I think the rascal still looks fine, so maybe I'll just leave it up until I see some needles on the floor of the foyer.

Last year at this time I placed an order for a new computer case, motherboard, processor, video card and hard drive to become a replacement for my backup computer. The boxes were delivered expeditiously as promised by the vendor. Today the boxes are stowed safely in the middle of the floor unopened. Today I have a new backup computer that's a year old, but not yet assembled. Yep, I am definitely a procrastinator.

About a month later, Feb 2008, I bought a new radio receiver for my TT (Toy Truck) that would provide the capability to receive local HD radio stations and play MP3s off a memory stick via USB port. You wouldn't believe the time I spent selecting the hardware. And of course, as always, Crutchfield was great to deal with sending the complete install package and instructions.

I got as far as opening the shipping container and inspecting the product to insure everything was included. I'm still riding around in the TT, but NOT listening to HD radio from 88.5-2, WAMU-2, Bluegrass all the time. Boxes are stored away on a shelf. My new HD radio is a year old yet not installed in the TT. Yep, I am definitely a procrastinator.

Keep your eye peeled. One day I may remove the wreath, or you may see me riding in my TT with a big grin on my face listening to bluegrass on HD radio. If you don't see me posting for a while, you'll know my computer broke and I haven't assembled my backup!!!

Your favorite procrastinator,
JD

PS - Here's my TT in case you see me in it.

5 comments:

Susan Spencer said...

Yes, Dewey, it's time. Even though the wreath still has a little life left in it, the Christmas season does not. : -)

Or if you really like how it looks on the door--which I personally do--at least relieve it of the red bow. Then your neighbors will think you are just festive and not a slacker.

SavageMdUSA said...

I know the feeling. My neighbor thinks I'm one of them "P" people because I'm still pecking away on the same old computers and wearing my favorite coat...Guess I'm a stuck in my own comfort zone! I'll sing Jingle Bells, the next time I pass by your house.

BToS JD said...

Wreath is still looking good late Sunday afternoon. I think with the extreme cold we're promised later this week, it'll make it thru unscathed.

Only possible problem would be if I need to use it to augment the firewood in the fireplace on a really cold nite!

Dewey

BToS JD said...

Today is Saturday 17 Jan and the wreath is still holding well with no needles on the foyer floor.

Red Bow is still intact despite Ducksoop's comment...

BToS JD said...

Wreath is very dry even tho it's not reflected in appearance. I may not be able to hold out more than a few more days.

Possibly, I'll remove it following the "Big O" Coronation tomorrow...we'll see.