Thursday, May 07, 2009

Are your Cokes Too Cold???


I have a basement fridge to hold drinks; beer, sodas, iced tea, etc. I like my canned sodas to be really cold, so I keep the fridge set pretty low, just above freezing. It works great and I never have anything to complain about when I pop the top.

Evidently there are spots in the back of the fridge where the really cold air from the freezer enters the fridge box to cool the contents. It appears this can of Diet Coke was setting right under the freezer cold air outlet.

Now for some folks chilled air makes things shrivel a bit and for some it makes things pucker a bit. In this case the chill provided some severe swelling!!!

Remember that the next time you load a new batch of cold ones in your fridge.

JD

PS - I never noticed the Yuengling Lager beer cans having that problem! Aha, must be just that little bit of alcohol in them beer cans that protects 'em, kind of like anti-freeze. Maybe I'll start putting the beer on that shelf. :-)

PPS - I like the occasional Mtn Dew also and of course it's a sponsor for Hendrick Motor Sports '88' car, driven by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Someone sent me this neat Mt. Dew t-shirt foto. Thot I'd share it.

No comments: