Monday, May 25, 2009

Stomach Stretch - Eat Too Much - Update 1


It's Monday morning and time to update my actual weight.
255 - 18 May
254 - 25 May

You're right, essentially, there is no difference from last week. At my weight, any daily change up to several pounds can be caused by body content of fluid, food, or even longer fingernails. An extended stay in the reading room can cause a change of several pounds the morning after a big day of eating. Fortunately for me, I have no big Memorial Day Picnic planned for today!

I just checked my daily calorie intake spreadsheet (I've been keeping it since Sept 06), where I chronicle everything I eat and estimate the calorie intake for each item, also totaling and averaging calories for each day. My average daily intake for this week was 2452. This is about 50 calories per day higher than the earlier part of the month when I was on my eating binge.

Obviously, I've made NO changes in my eating habits this past week. Bummer! It's also obvious that I have displayed no will power to control my intake. However, there is one thing in my favor this week. I have an appointment with my cardio folks next Wednesday. We all know what that means. First thing they'll do after noticing my belly is to put me on their super-accurate scales. So that should provide some incentive to get my calories under control this week.

I'll report in again next Monday and hopefully there will be some positive results in my calorie reduction. But of course I am eating healthier...much less candy this week; altho I did make a blackberry pie Friday. Only had a single pie crust and needed something for the top, so I crunched up about 16 saltine crackers and spread 'em on top before baking. Interesting flavor that was partially masked by the Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on the pie!

That's my Stomach Stretch Report for this week,
JD

No comments: