Thursday, October 01, 2009

NASCAR Chase - Mark Martin - Jimmie Johnson - No Change After 2 Chase Races

At the beginning of the 2009 NASCAR CUP Chase, Mark Martin held a 10 point lead over Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart. After the first 2 races of the Chase, Mark Martin still holds a 10 point lead over Jimmie Johnson, with Tony Stewart back in the pack.

Mark has a win and a second place finish. Jimmie has a fourth place finish and a win. Jimmie has earned more bonus points in the two Chase races than Mark.

My conclusion, despite all the hoopla about the '48' this week, is that the '5' is still leading the standings by 10 points and has better average finishes in the first two races than does the '48'.

I say Mark Martin in the '5' is the guy to beat in the 2009 Chase. But what do I know as I'm just an old fart fan that catches races on TV.

Ponder it,
JD

PS - I don't know who to credit for the Bristol foto, but thanks.

No comments: