Monday, December 28, 2009

Stomach Stretch - Eat Too Much - Update 26

It appears to me that the month of December and the Christmas time of good eats has overwhelmed my self-control to the extent that I showed a 3 pound gain at the morning weigh-in.

Obviously, I let the apparent stabilizing effect of the previous 2 week report go to my head (make that my belly). I've eaten way too much of a wonderful fruitcake I purchased from O&H Danish Bakery in Racine, Wisconsin. It appears that the UPS delivery was timely enough to grab my attention. It doesn't help that my ex-sister-in-law makes such wonderful cookies, cakes and pies and insists on sharing.

I actually thought I might come thru this fairly well, but my estimation of calories in these homemade desserts is definitely on the low side. While my daily intake is showing an average daily calorie count of approximately 2050 for the month of December, it's doubtful I'd be gaining 3 pounds at that level. I can only surmise that I've under-counted or conveniently forgotten about specific portions of dessert snacks that went uncounted. That's easy to do during the holidays.

I'm not going to sit here and pledge to get my act under control, however I will attempt to improve gradually until I can see some progress. My next report is scheduled for Jan 11 and we have New Year next week...I'll have to watch all the way thru that too.

Plus my son-in-law will be with me for 3 nights this week. I'll likely be cooking for 2 of those 3 nights and possibly going out the other.

My son and my younger daughter are planning to take me to my favorite restaurant, the Sunset in Glen Burnie one evening for dinner. It's possible that may happen before the next report also...I will definitely enjoy that night out. Having said all that, we'll just have to see how things go during the next 2 weeks.

Do have a Happy New Year and don't over do the celebrating,
JD

No comments: