Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weatherman Scares Me with "Feels Like"


We're into about the second day of high humidity levels and temps in upper 90s and forecast is for another 3-4 days of it here in the Big Town of Savage.

I don't know about you, but the local TV weather reporters have almost scared the life out of me! I'm all geared up for hot, humid days with temps close to 100 and the weather reporter tells me that it's gonna 'feel like' 115 degrees!

It's almost like the weather folks have become our keepers and are forced to watch over us and suggest ways to battle the heat, like don't go outside unless you have to, keep hydrated, etc. The rascals scare the crap out of us, then tell us how to live.

I guess they mean well, but I am definitely worn out with the 'Heat Index'. If you're an adult, you should already know how to cope with the heat without them taking 20% of the weather report to tell you how to live your life in these oppressive conditions. There's other stuff I'd rather know.

I do know one thing. If your AC is working inside; then, you don't know and don't care what the humidity level and 'feels like' is outside and furthermore, you probably don't wanna know...

Just another mini-rant from here in the BToS,
JD

PS - Really good thing about this summer is the NFL lockout and contract negotiations. I've gone the whole spring and summer without daily reports of the local Ravens and Redskins. Life's wunnerful on the evening news when it comes to sports, they're even covering local teams that I didn't know existed.

No comments: