Friday, October 28, 2011

Chilly Friday Morning in the BToS

Friday morning here in the BToS. Morning temperature was only 37 degrees, which felt kind of cold for these old bones of mine. One of the things I notice about this aging business since I've turned 70 is that my body typically wants to be a bit warmer than it used to.

I find that I need more covers on the bed and that I keep the thermostat set a bit higher at night too. I'm sure there's medical info that explains what I'm experiencing, but for me it's just happening.

Weather forecast for Saturday is for a chance of an inch of wet snow. Now if we have to have snow, that's the kind of snowfall that I can enjoy. When it's finished the grass will be white and the driveway will still be black. No driving hassles.

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I relish the autumnal season with the wonderful colors, the warm days followed by cool evenings. What troubles me is the occasional little days of excitement when the temperature is down in the 30s and the precipitation is the white flaky stuff.

Being the NASCAR fan that I am, one of my favorite tracks is scheduled for a 500 lapper Sunday afternoon; that would be Martinsville. It's just great "rubbin' n racin'" and "beatin' n bangin'" for 500 laps around the half-mile track. Let's just hope they don't get snow on the paperclip shaped track that is Martinsville Speedway

If it's too chilly in your neck of the woods Sunday afternoon, check out the Martinsville race on ESPN. As you know, the NFL ain't for everybody, some of us ol' rednecks jes natchuly luv NASCAR.

JD, here in the BToS

Martinsville Speedway (home of "rubbin' n racin'" and "beatin' n bangin'")

No comments: