Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nuclear Stress Test - Scary Sounding

A recent visit to my cardiologist found him suggesting that I get an echo cardiogram and a nuclear stress test. He mentioned that it had been over 5 years since I last had them and that he wanted to renew the data.

It occurred to me that just the term "nuclear" is intimidating enough without adding the term "stress" to the name. If you hadn't had a "nuclear stress test" before and were not familiar with the term, it might just scare the hell out of you.

There has to be a better term than nuclear to use as a name for the test. I have no idea what one might be, but come on now, "NUCLEAR", you gotta be kidding. It's stressing enough just having to take a test with nuclear in the name. Maybe the doctors could use the correct name and call it the 'Feel Good' test for us patients.

Gearing up for tomorrow's NUCLEAR STRESS test,
JD, here in the BToS

PS - Did I mention no caffeine for 24 hours prior to the test. That means no coffee, iced tea or, heaven forbid, chocolate. What else is there in life???

PPS - I survived, but it was, indeed, a long day and caffeine didn't show up until I got home around 3 PM.

No comments: