Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Another "Ally McBeal Monday"

Santa displayed his kindness this year by delivering Ally McBeal to me...well not really Ally herself, but the DVD set "Ally McBeal - The Complete Series," all five seasons of Ally McBeal on a 31-disc DVD set.

You're right, Ally was a long time ago starting in fall of 1997 and running through 2002, 112 episodes. Man, that really was a long time ago...I was still working, had just entered my 60s and still feeling a bit spirited; unlike being an old retard today.

I thought about other DVD sets I have and how difficult I found it to watch all the episodes, even of shows I loved like Northern Exposure. In the case of Ally, I decided to make Monday evening "Ally McBeal Monday."

If you were an Ally McBeal fan, I don't have to tell you how great it was to watch the pilot last Monday night and how much I enjoyed it. Tonite the journey continues. Let's see 112 episodes spread over 112 Mondays. If I don't get carried away and rush it, I should get to the finale around February 24, 2014.

Don't poo poo me, I know I can hold schedule and succeed in this journey. If you've read many of my blog posts, you know just how much I luv road trips and this one is great on the BIG SCREEN TV...luv it!!!

JD, feeling young again here in the BToS

PS - You're right, I was the Santa that arranged for the DVD set from Costco. Whatchagonnado when others just don't know what to get you for Christmas. :-)

PPS - I'm even subjecting my daughter's family and Bella Boxer to Ally McBeal as long as they live here with me. So far they're enjoying it, altho Bella Boxer seems more excited about gnawing on her chewy bone and wearing out my 43 year old carpet.

PPPS - Ally McBeal Monday was a mix last evening. Episode 2 had a glitch about 2/3 way thru on the DVD. Fooled with it for about 10 minutes and ended up watching episode 3 too. Man I'm already ahead of myself here and cut a week off my schedule, new finish date is February 17, 2014.

No comments: