Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Wonderful Winter - No Snow


Today is February 1, 2012 and to date I am loving winter. No matter what ol' Punxsutawney Phil decides about winter tomorrow morning, I'll be able to live with his pronouncement.

We've had one very light coating of my favorite kind of snow this winter. That's the kind where the grass has just the slightest hint of white over the green and the driveways and roads are water covered, shiny black.

Even if ol' Phil comes out and says that winter's over I won't be any happier. The 10-day forecast above shows moderate temps in mid 40's through February 10th. The daylight hours are increasing each day; the sun is stronger each day and little green things are beginning to pop out of the ground seeking sunshine.

I even read a Facebook post from an Atlanta resident indicating they were going out to wash the green pollen off their car. What more can a guy ask!!!

JD, enjoying winter here in the BToS

PS - Yes there's still a chance of terrible cold and violent knee-deep snowfall before winter ends, but after the great weather we had through December and January, you won't find me complaining one little bit.

No comments: