Sunday, April 01, 2012

CONGRESS Broke My Clock

Congress broke my old bedside Timex alarm clock. When I bought it the clock was programmed to automatically change from Standard Time to Daylight Saving time. I set the date and time for the clock and it does the rest.

A few years ago, Congress decided it would be wonderful if they extended the length of the Daylight Saving time period by a few weeks. Last nite while I was asleep my Timex decided that it was time for Daylight Savings time to begin.

I slept later than usual this morning and the Timex said 8:22. I can't remember the last time I slept until 8:00, much less 8:22. I splashed my face and went out to take my morning old fart meds. Along the way I noticed my wall clock. That rascal read 7:26; and it dawned on me that Congress had grabbed me by the crotch once again.

They never let go; and their mantra is "Change the World; Even If It Doesn't Need Changing!"

JD, finally back on schedule here in the BToS

No comments: