Saturday, June 02, 2012

Gotta pass the 2 truck


I was out for a ride in my Toy Truck this afternoon up by BWI Airport when I came down an off ramp just behind a fairly new Ford Ranger pickup with a cap on the bed.  I was a bit too close and needed to back off some, but I noticed a decal on the rear window similar to this one.

 

The first thing I thought of was "Rusty Wallace" and his number two Miller Beer NASCAR racer.  My first inclination was to pass the rascal 'cause Dale Earnhardt would never allow Wallace to stay in front of him for very long and my Toy Truck is most definitely an Earnhardt vehicle as you can see from this hitch cover.


About the time I was ready to pass the rascal, it dawned on me that the decal on the back of his truck was probably a decal for the current Penske Miller Lite car driven by Brad Keselowski.

I backed off the throttle and rode along relishing in the thought that I likely wouldn't be seeing too many Rusty Wallace decals from now on since Bad Brad is making a new name for Penske's number two.  Now if I could only get Rusty off the NASCAR TV broadcasts (the rascal just rattles on about nothing thru the whole show).

JD, here in the BToS

PS - Later it dawned on me that I was thinking about racing back in the '90s like us old farts are prone to do from time to time.

PPS - Image from the past

No comments: