Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hole in Front Yard from ICBN Construction




Click image for larger version

ICBN (Inter County Broadband Network) construction in my front yard was evidently completed last autumn.  They dug a deep hole and stuck this concrete container down in it.  It may be four foot deep from what little notice I took of it during install.  The top can be removed to access underground cables and other crapola that may be in there.

I wasn't too excited about it being installed to begin with but I at least thought they would come back and complete the landscaping of the hole in the ground.  Spring has finally arrived and there is basically a hole about 4" deep all around the edges of the container.  You can imagine just how excited my lawn mower gets when it has to work around it; not to mention my back from tugging and hauling on it to cut the wild grass they threw in the hole with the little dirt they had.

I now need to contact the Howard County Government here in Central Maryland and find out what is in the contract about landscaping around installed hardware in/on private property.

Didja ever try to contact Howard County, it ain't easy.  Tomorrow morning I'll make an effort to find someone.  In the mean time I will use their website email tool and point them to this blog with the fotos.

JD, looking at the pictures of my ICBN hole in the ground here in Howard County of Central Maryland 'The Free State'

PS - I can see where this will end.  I'll have to procure dirt and grass seed and repair their crappy work myself.
PPS - Didja notice the container top is considerably below ground level.  Maybe I can just cover the whole thing and let them find it next time they need it!!!

No comments: