Friday, February 28, 2014

Productive Morning - Unusual for Me


I'm not what I normally would consider a 'productive' person.  Inherently, I am a procrastinator; you know, do it at the last minute or on the morning of the due date.  I'm not the kinda guy you want to have doing your taxes if you're in a hurry for your big refund.

Looking at my previous post, I notice the date is over a month ago.  I've had a few good blog ideas during the past month, but they were put aside while I did more convenient things like check to see what my 'Friends' were doing on Facebook.

I received an emissions test notice for my old truck back in late January with the due date of middle March.  Naturally, I stuck it in my pile of 'things to do envelopes'.  Thursday morning it occurred to me that the emissions test was calling.  Typically emissions tests at the Columbia facility are fairly quick.  I left home around 8:45, mailed a letter at Post Office, and at 9:05 I got in line behind one other car at the Columbia VEIP station.  A minute later the car in the testing bay rolled out and the front guy moved in.  About 5 minutes later I was being tested by a friendly young lady.  Back home already and it wasn't 9:30 yet.  Why did I put that off so long ... ... I'm blaming it all on all the snow!

Once I was home I realized I needed to visit Costco to refuel my ToyTruck and I needed to fill my 5 gallon lawn mower gas can.  After emptying the last bit of gas from the can into the tank of the truck, I headed out to Costco Arundel Mills, bought necessary fuel and headed back home arriving right around 10 or so.  I then added some Sta-Bil fuel treatment to the gas can to keep the fuel stable and usable thru summer/fall.

I was out of my favorite food, so I headed to the Laurel Meat Market to get some of their excellent bacon.  While there I also got some of their fresh ground sausage and a few other small items.  Loaded everything in the truck and headed up Main Street toward home when it occurred to me I had put off getting a hair cut during the recent snows and was about 2 weeks behind my usual 2-week visit to Slye's.

Slye and his buddy were both working on guys when I arrived.  I spent about 10 minutes reading the paper and a People magazine and hit the chair with Slye.  Eight dollars and tip later I headed back home, arriving around 11:15.  Slye mentioned he might have to raise his $8 haircut price soon.  Am I looking at $10 or more?  Still a bargain in today's old-guy haircut world.

I began my morning around 8:45 and was home around 11:15, two and a half hours.  Not bad and a very productive morning, indeed.  Did all that morning activity fuel a productive afternoon too?

Not really, all I accomplished the rest of the day was preparing a batch of chicken salad, making a chicken pot pie for dinner and ordering a personalized license plate for my old Gold Truck that passed the morning emissions test.  I thot that would be a nice reward for the ol' gal.  The new license plate's supposed to read 'OLDTRUK'.

JD, here in the BToS laying plans for a Friday 'goof off' day.  NASCAR is on TV from Phoenix this afternoon and I need to run to Sams Club this morning.

PS - Wonder if I lost any weight after all that 'work' yesterday ... ...
PPS - I know you were wondering; indeed, I did have a sausage, cheese burger for lunch.


No comments: