Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Miracle Whip - 60 oz -- Spare Change Jar


Miracle Whip - 60oz - My Change Jar

I'm one of those strange folks that can't warm up to using a credit card in stores and still use cash for most of my purchases; hence I also get a lot of coins in change.  I'll also root through my pocket to find the correct change when I get that bill for $12.64 to use some of my coins.

Even though I spend change when possible, I still end up with a pocket full of coins once in a while.  Typically, in the morning I'll lay the coins from my pocket on to the top of the dresser.  I'll pick out about 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies to put in my pocket.  That way I usually have correct change when needed at a store.

The remaining coins on the dresser are scooped off and into my change jar.  The image above shows my change jar.  Once the change jar gets full over the top of the label, I think about taking it to the credit union coin counter.  That happened this morning and typically happens once a year.

Receipt from the coin counter this morning came back with a total of $144.60, a new high for me and the coin jar.  I deposited the money from the receipt into my credit union account and came away with a smile on my face and an empty, much lighter coin jar.

JD, here in the BToS with an empty jar.

No comments: