Saturday, January 02, 2016

December Weight Control Negligence - Plus 3 lbs

Dec 1, 2015 - 238 lbs  --  Jan 1, 2016 - 241 lbs = 3 lb weight gain

Three pound weight gain during the month of December 2015. I ain't a January dieter kinda guy, matter of fact, I'm not really a dieter kinda guy. Basically, I pretty much eat what I want and try to use portion control as an effective tool and also keep track of daily calorie intake in my spreadsheet, which I've been doing since 2008 or so.  So far it's gotten me from around 270 when I retired in Jan 2004 down to current weight.

Given that all the December GOODIES and BIG meals are about gone, it'll be much simpler to stay in my normal eating mode and continue on my goal of getting into the 220s in another year or so. Or I could just wait until I die and it'll all burn away to ashes in the crematory.

Basically, I'm saying that it's time to get back on my normal eating schedule vice the Thanksgiving to Christmas over indulgence.  I'll let you know next month if I'm successful; and yes, I am honest in these blog posts.

JD, back to normal eating in the Big Town of Savage

PS - Back to normal also means putting up with the 'back to school' traffic for the 3 schools within 1/2 mile of my house here on Savage Guilford Rd.  Bethel Christian Academy, a private school, is directly across the street and it's 'dropoff/pickup' 7:00-8:30 am and 2:30-6:00 pm each school day.

PPS - Feb 8 and with all the snow I've gained another pound instead of losing some -- 242 this morning.  I might have to get the cardio doc to yank my chain again to get back into losing...

PPPS - Jun 4 2018 and my old age is catching up with me.  Body weight is only 218.  My taste buds now seem to hardly work at all; food I see as delicious has little or no flavor.  Think I've entered the EOL (End Of Life) downward spiral.  Altho, I do feel pretty good most of the time.

No comments: