Saturday, October 08, 2011

Autumn Creeping Into The BToS

The temperature was in the low 50s when I got up around 7 this morning. It's been that way for a few days now and forecast to be similar through the middle of the week. The Autumnal Equinox occurred two weeks ago yesterday, so daylight hours are shortening every day and are already in a minority compared with the hours when the sun is hiding from us.

Humans notice that in a lot of different ways and plants understand it even better. Trees are showing fall colors in their foliage, grasses are slowing their growth and sprouting seeds and flowers are beginning to say farewell for the winter.

As I've mentioned previously on this blog, autumn is my favorite time of the year. In general, life seems a bit more laid back and personally, if possible, I am even more laid back. Of course I do have to take time to insure my snow blower will start on the first pull since we're only a couple of months away from possible snow accumulations here in the BToS.

When I walked out back the early morning sun was at a good angle to show some color in the leaves. I managed to snap a few fotos from the back of my house that I've included with this post.

Enjoying autumn here in the BToS,
JD



No comments: