Friday, April 20, 2012

Beater GMC Safari - Insurance refund - FINALLY


I received a check from the auto insurance company today in response to my cancellation of insurance on The ol' GMC Safari beater van.

The van was sold by my grandson toward the end of March and I returned the tags to the MVA on April 2. After a week or so I received a letter from the MVA with the returned tag receipt, which is required before the insurance company can legally cancel the vehicle insurance. I cancelled the coverage; thus the insurance company owed me a refund for the remainder of the year's insurance premium.

As mentioned earlier, I received their check today. I'm looking at an 18-day process from tag turn-in date to check received. Seems a long time to me. The MVA, the US Postal Service, the insurance company and the US Postal Service together took 18 days to make it happen. Majority of time was taken up by the US Postal Service.

It'll take me much less time to deposit the refund check.

JD, here in the BToS, with the final report on the ol' beater GMC Safari van.

No comments: