Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Ring Doorbell; Then They Knock

Image from earlier blog post.

They show up at the front door.  They ring the doorbell and then they immediately knock.  Then you answer the door you see this well dressed person standing back on the edge of the sidewalk away from your door.

They're selling something!!!  That seems to be the standard approach today; ring, knock, step back and smile when the door's answered.  They'll typically have a logo on their shirt over the pocket.

If you're a normal person you'll say "Hi, what can I do for you?"  If you're like me, you'll probably say "I ain't interested!".  They'll come back and I'll say I ain't interested.  They'll come back with another comment.  Then I mention that I was busy when they knocked and I ain't interested.

Then I shut the door.

JD, trying to finish lunch before another sales-person does the 'Ring, Knock and Stand Back with Smile'.

No comments: