Thursday, October 23, 2014

Early Voting in Maryland - 2014 Gubernatorial Election


 I hit the voting place up at RIDGELY'S RUN COMMUNITY CENTER around 10:15 AM this morning, the first day of Early Voting here in Howard County Maryland.

The small parking lot was packed with vehicles and I was able to find tight spot behind a guy taking up 3 parking spots with a small CUV towing an open trailer.  I hoped he'd see my ToyTruck and not back into it when he left.  As I walked up through the parking area to the building quite a few people wished me a good morning and offered me a flyer for their candidate.

I made it through all those glad-handers and entered the building.  As I walked back to the open space voting area I expected to find a line of folks waiting to check in and vote.  Surprisingly all but one of the people in the room were volunteers working the voting check in and machines.  Must have been at least 10 of them, all very nice volunteers.

I walked straight to the check in and not 5 minutes later was walking back out of the building.  I said 'hi' to all the glad-handers as I walked down through the parking area and headed home.  I may have spent 10-12 minutes parking, walking in, voting, walking out and leaving the parking lot.

I was concerned that being first day of 'Early Voting' the facility might be crowded, and it was, but not with voters.  All in all it was a good experience.  This is twice now I've used the early voting option and I like it more than voting on election day; kinda laid back instead of being a hassle.

JD, back in the BToS after doing due diligence to the Maryland Gubernatorial Election.


PS - Who did I vote for; well the only one I'll divulge is Kittleman for Howard County Executive.


No comments: