Thursday, October 29, 2015

Waitin' ain't fun nor is losing sleep

Original Roof

One of the best things about being retired for me is that I have no schedule to keep and can be laidback with nothing to feel guilty about.  Didn't sleep too well last night, roofer guy's scheduled for today and tomorrow and evidently the thought of today's action was hiding in the back of my mind and kept telling me that it's time to wake up.

Now, roofer guy's already told me that I don't need to be here when they're doing their work and that's a good thing.  But, they do have to bring in a dumpster to hold the remnants of all the old roof and a delivery vehicle to lift all the new roofing materials up on roof.

My driveway is kind of narrow and has a telephone pole about 3 ft off to the side.  I figure with all the vehicle action early morning for the school across the street something's gonna go wrong.  Roofer guy tells me he'll be here before the delivery guys to guide them.  Something else to be concerned about.  Early morning traffic on a hazy morning can be difficult too...might or might not show.  We shall see.

It's almost 7 AM now...I'll update this report later in the day.

JD, waitin' for roofer guy and deliveries here in the BToS

UPDATE 1 (9 AM) -- Roofer guy arrived around 8:05.  Roofing materials arrived around 8:20.  Roofing materials being unloaded on to roof now (8:40).  Wait is on for dumpster to be delivered.

 
Materials Unload

UPDATE 2 (10 AM) -- Dumpster arrived around 9:40.  After talking to roofer guy, seems the plan is front side of roof today, back side tomorrow.

Dumpster

UPDATE 3 (11:30 AM) -- Front roof is about 2/3 cleared of old shingles.  Team Jason and his guys trying to smile.

Team Jason

UPDATE 4 (5:30 PM) -- Front roof is finished to point where they break for the day.  Next is rear roof tomorrow and then put finishing touches on peak of roof.

Front Roof

UPDATE 5 (12:00 PM) -- Work on rear roof.  First foto around 9 AM...Second foto with Jason & crew around 11:45 AM.

Rear Roof early start

Jason & crew before lunch


UPDATE 6 (4:00 PM) --Roofing job complete and my old TV antenna is still intact.  What more can a guy ask!!!

View from the rear with Jason by truck

Gotta luv a bottle of Yuengling Lager following a hard-day's work.
Crew taking short break before heading home.

UPDATE 7 (4:00 PM) Tuesday Nov 3 -- New gutters and downspouts installed.  Jason and crew have completed all current tasking.  I need to count my money and see if I can afford to pursue other upgrades.  My motto that I live by: 

"If you can't pay for it; don't buy it!!!"

No comments: