Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Lunch 1:30 - Famous Dave's BBQ Nachos

I found this image on Famous Dave's website.  It made me hungry for some BBQ Nachos, especially since I'd sampled an order of the Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos during a dinner visit to Famous Dave's in Columbia, Maryland a couple of months ago.

After the clouds cleared late morning it was just a beautiful day here in the Big Town of Savage.  I got all my work done around the house and thot it was time for some lunch.  I'd been craving some BBQ Nachos for about 2 weeks.  One of the bad things about living alone is meal time if you're looking for some company.  Most folks I know have their own life and need a bit of coordinating to join me for lunch, which typically takes a week or so.

I thot it was a bad idea to head out on a Friday for lunch, especially at Famous Dave's, a place that draws groups on Fridays, especially on a beautiful day.  Nevertheless, I jumped in the ol' truck a little after 1 pm and headed out for the 20 minute drive to Dave's in Columbia.  By the time I entered the restaurant foyer it was 1:30.

With the bright sun outside, the first thing I  noticed was the lack of light in the entrance foyer where the 'take you to your table' folks await behind their podium (well it looks like a podium).  In this case the only person to be seen close by was a young lady talking on the phone in the background.  I guess it wasn't too obvious that I wanted some lunch since it was Friday and I was standing by myself; NOBODY does that on a beautiful Friday.

After I waited much longer than a minute, the lady on the phone finally looked up and asked if she could help me with something.  By this time, I'd become a bit irritated and lost my craving for BBQ Nachos.  I said something to the effect that I was there for some lunch, but had changed my mind.  She seemed pleased to get back to the phone as I turned and walked out the door.

The Columbia Famous Dave's had full tables in the dining room and in the bar, so I guess I just picked a bad time to get some of Famous Dave's BBQ Nachos.

JD, just finishing my sausage cheese burger, salsa and chips here at the home computer in the BToS

PS - Given the lack of attention I received while awaiting a table at the Columbia Famous Dave's, I'll likely do without the BBQ Nachos until I'm with a large group that can't be ignored as we come in thru the front door.  That may never happen, so Famous Dave's in Columbia may not get ANY of my money for a long, long time.

PPS - A reader of this post reminded me that today is Friday the 13th, I shouldn't expect anything normal.  For Famous Dave's sake, I sure hope this isn't normal service at their restaurant.

No comments: