Monday, July 09, 2012

Don Pablo's - 10 minutes, no service

My 11-year old granddaughter and I were to have dinner Sunday evening while her parents went out to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

She had been actively suggesting we have tacos for dinner.  I looked through the cupboard and found shells, but several ingredients weren't available.  I hadn't been out for Taco-type food in quite a while, so we decided to visit Don Pablo's in Columbia that's situated beside Famous Dave's and across from the Macaroni Grill.

We arrived a bit before 5 PM and had plenty of room to park.  Don Pablo's wasn't busy with only 3-4 tables occupied.  Young lady provided us with a quiet booth with plenty of space and menus. We perused the menus and decided basically what we wanted when I began looking around for a waiter.  Appeared there were a couple of them on duty but neither had visited our table yet.

I waited a couple more minutes and still no service.  According to my watch, it had been around 8-10 minutes since we entered Don Pablo's and no service.  Granddaughter indicated we should go find someone.  I decided it would be better to take our business elsewhere.

After a short discussion with lead person, we took our business next door to Famous Dave's for what turned out to be a great dinner with excellent service, even if we didn't have tacos.

JD, just finished last nite's Famous Dave's ribs for lunch here in the BToS

PS - Now I know why the Famous Dave's parking lot was packed and Don Pablo's lot was sparsely populated.

No comments: