Sunday, July 15, 2012

Valkyrie Ran Off With Grandson

After renewing my tags and insurance for another year, I found I still wasn't riding the 'ol Valk.  To reiterate some of my comments from earlier posts, congestion here in central Maryland takes all the fun out of riding a motorcycle for an old fart like myself.

My grandson had expressed an interest in the ol' Valk since he's been without his crotch rocket for almost a year now.  He rode the Valk with me quite a few times when he was younger on day trips and had fond memories of the experiences.

He indicated he'd like to try more of a cruiser type bike as a change.  If you've read my earlier posts under my "Valk Stuff" blog post label, you know that I've been a little derelict in making a decision on what to do with the Valk. 

In this case I decided it made more sense for grandson to take ownership and find out if he really enjoys riding it.  He showed up this morning, we installed his tag, he took a reasonable test ride and after saying a few goodbyes he headed up the road back to his home in Pennsylvania.

He sent a note later that ride home went well with no problems.  I sure hope he can put a few more miles on the ol' Valk than I have recently.

JD, here in the BToS hoping the Valk has a lot of miles left in 'er.

No comments: